WARKA Forum Index  
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ዋርካ ቻት - በአማርኛ በቀጥታ ይወያዩ! Warka Live Chat | Home (New!) | About us | Contact us
A PIECE OF CAKE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ንፍታሌም

ኮትኳች

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Year of Time. . . . . . . . . . . .

Though even thinking on the subject of time may prove discomforting, it is not a bad ideaespecially at the beginning of a new year.

As we look into <year> we look at a block of time. We see 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes, 31,536,000 seconds. And all is a gift from God. We have done nothing to deserve it, earn it, or purchased it. Like the air we breathe, time comes to us as a part of life.

The gift of time is not ours alone. It is given equally to each person. Rich and poor, educated and ignorant, strong and weakevery man, woman and child has the same twenty-four hours every day.

Another important thing about time is that you cannot stop it. There is no way to slow it down, turn it off, or adjust it. Time marches on.

And you cannot bring back time. Once it is gone, it is gone. Yesterday is lost forever. If yesterday is lost, tomorrow is uncertain. We may look ahead at a full years block of time, but we really have no guarantee that we will experience any of it.

Obviously, time is one of our most precious possessions. We can waste it. We can worry over it. We can spend it on ourselves. Or, as good stewards, we can invest it in the kingdom of God.

The new year is full of time. As the seconds tick away, will you be tossing time out the window, or will you make every minute count?

መልካም አዲስ አመት ..... Exclamation
This message expresses the views and opinions of the author and not necessarily those of CyberEthiopia, its staff or its affiliates. If you think this message is inappropriate or violates our rules and regulations , please notify the Administrators by clicking on the report button below.
ንፍታሌም

ኮትኳች

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A different angle

You can learn many things from those who agree with you. You can often learn even more from those with whom you disagree.
Your own perspective is important, for it enables you to make sense of the world. Always keep in mind, though, that yours is not the only perspective.

You can listen to others, learn from them, and successfully work with them even though you may not agree with them on all issues. If everyone held the exact same opinion on every subject, then knowledge and wisdom would become stagnant and outdated.

Your own perspective will grow stronger and more useful when you regularly allow it to be challenged. When people respectfully agree to disagree, everyone benefits from the diversity of opinion.

Living a life of success and fulfillment does not depend on always proving that you're right and that others are wrong. To make real progress you must let go of the assumption that you already have all the answers.

Stay true to the values you treasure, while thoughtfully considering the different perspectives of others. Look at life from a different angle, and you'll always find new richness.

This message expresses the views and opinions of the author and not necessarily those of CyberEthiopia, its staff or its affiliates. If you think this message is inappropriate or violates our rules and regulations , please notify the Administrators by clicking on the report button below.
Allmighty

አዲስ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

መልካም አዲስ አመት : ንፍታሌምና ቆንጂት !

የቁጥጥር አደገኛነት :-

Regardless of the intent, anyone using Position-Power to control others is facing increasing resistance. In fact, we resent those who control us (or who attempt to control us), even when we are told, This is four your own good.

A spouse can control their partner or children but, in so doing, will typically destroy their love, respect, and affection. Dishonest or incongruent salespeople may initially make money, but it is rare when sales from repeat business and referrals occur. Dictatorships may seem to be effective, but history teaches us that assassinations and revolutions are the inevitable outcomes.

In the short term, Position-Power can give intimate, family, and business relationships the illusion of effectiveness. However, people with high levels of self-worth are finding such Fear-Based environments increasingly unacceptable. They have found, and will continue to find, better places to live and work.

Those who remain usually see the levels of fear increase in direct proportion of the deterioration of the family or business. The cycle will continue until excellence and passion are stifled. Personal and professional relationships, which operate within this paradigm, cannot flourish. Resentment and resistance ultimately lead to sabotage, diminished results, and even destruction.

The Four Es of Excellence are Ethics, Enthusiasm, Evaluation, and Empathy. Present in all truly effective personal and professional relationships, these elements also could also be defined as Vision, Joy, Determination, and Compassion. Regardless of the names we assign to these qualities, self-control is needed to demonstrate them all, especially in the face of negative circumstances.

Old Pattern New Pattern

FIGHT —— > EMPATHY

FLIGHT —— > EVALUATION

FREEZE —— > ENTHUSIASM

FAÇ ADE —— > ETHICS

Konjit

ኮትኳች

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ሰላም ንፍታሌም እና ኦልማይቲ ጠፋቹ ሰሞኑን ለዛሬ ይሄን ልበላቹ .........
መልካም ሳምንት Exclamation

RED MARBLES

I was at the corner grocery store buying some new potatoes.

I noticed a small boy, delicate of bone and feature, ragged but clean, hungrily apprizing a basket of freshly picked green peas.

I paid for my potatoes, but was also drawn to the display of fresh green peas.

I am a pushover for creamed peas and new potatoes. Pondering the peas, I couldn't help overhearing the conversation between Mr. Miller (the store owner) and the ragged boy next to me.

'Hello Barry, how are you today?'

'H'lo, Mr. Miller. Fine, thank ya. Jus' admirin' them peas. They sure look good.'

'They are good, Barry. How's your Ma?'

'Fine. Gittin' stronger alla' time.'

'Good. Anything I can help you with?'

'No, Sir. Jus' admirin' them peas.'

'Would you like take some home?' asked Mr. Miller.

'No, Sir. Got nuthin' to pay for 'em with.'

'Well, what have you to trade me for some of those peas?'

'All I got's my prize marble here.'

'Is that right? Let me see it' said Miller.

'Here 'tis. She's a dan dy.'

'I can see that. Hmmmmm, only thing is this one is blue and I sort of go for red. Do you have a red one like this at home?' the store owner asked.

'Not zackley but almost.'

'Tell you what. Take this sack of peas home with you and next trip this way let me look at that red marble', Mr. Miller told the boy

'Sure will. Thanks Mr. Miller.'

Mrs. Miller, who had been standing nearby, came over to help me.

With a smile said, 'There are two other boys like him in our community, all three are in very poor circumstances. Jim just loves to bargain with them for peas, apples, tomatoes, or whatever.

When they come back with their red marbles, and they always do, he decides he doesn't like red after all and he sends them home with a bag of produce for a green marble or an orange one, when they come on their next trip to the store.'

I left the store smiling to myself, impressed with this man.

A short time later I moved to Colorado , but I never forgot the story of this man, the boys, and their bartering for marbles.

Several years went by, each more rapid than the previous one.

Just recently I had occasion to visit some old friends in that Idaho community and while I was there learned that Mr. Miller had died.

They were having his visitation that evening and knowing my friends wanted to go, I agreed to accompany them.

Upon arrival at the mortuary we fell into line to meet the relatives of the deceased and to offer whatever words of comfort we could.

Ahead of us in line were three young men.

One was in an army uniform and the other two wore nice haircuts, dark suits and white shirts...all very professional looking.

They approached Mrs. Miller, standing composed and smiling by her husband's casket.

Each of the young men hugged her, kissed her on the cheek, spoke briefly with her and moved on to the casket.

Her misty light blue eyes followed them as, one by one, each young man stopped briefly and placed his own warm hand over the cold pale hand in the casket.

Each left the mortuary awkwardly, wiping his eyes.

Our turn came to meet Mrs. Miller. I told her who I was and reminded her of the story from those many years ago and what she had told me about her husband's bartering for marbles.

With her eyes glistening, she took my hand and led me to the casket.

'Those three young men who just left were the boys I told you about. They just told me how they appreciated the things Jim 'traded' them.

Now, at last, when Jim could not change his mind about color or size....they came to pay their debt'

'We've never had a great deal of the wealth of this world,' she confided, 'but right now, Jim would consider himself the richest man in Idaho '.

With loving gentleness she lifted the lifeless fingers of her deceased husband. Resting underneath were three exquisitely shined red marbles.

The Moral : We will not be remembered by our words, but by our kind deeds. Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath.

Unknown..

www.abeshanetwork.com
Allmighty

አዲስ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ሰላም ንፍታሌምና ቆንጂት ምነው ኬኳን ረሳችሁ !

--ለእግዚአብሔር ብሎ መከራውን ለሚታገሥ ሰው ጠላቱን ተበቅሎ ያጠፋለታል፡ ኃጢአቱንም ያስተሠርይለታል።

--ባልንጀራህን የምትነቅፈው ኃጢአቱን ይቅር በለው የዚያን ጊዜ ከተለማመጥህ ኃጢአትህን ያስተሠርይልሃል። አንተ ሰው ሆነህ እንዳንተ ያለውን ሰው ሳትቀየም እግዚአብሔርን እንዴት ይቅር በለኝ ትለዋለህ። እንዳንተ ያለውን ሰው ይቅር ሳትል ኃጢአትህን ያስተሠርይልህ ዘንድ እንግዴህ እንዴት ትለምነዋለህ።

--ቁጣን ክርክርን ተዋት ኃጢአቶችህን ታስነሣዋለች፡ ቊጡ ሰው ክርክርን ያነሣሣዋል። ኃጢአተኛ ሰው ባልንጀራውን ያደክማል፡ በወዳጆቹም መካከል ነገር ሠርቶ ያጣላል።

--ነገረ ሠሪ አንደበት ብዙ ሰዎችን አወካቸው ካንዱ ወገንም ወዳንዱ ወገን እንዲሰደዱ አደደረጋቸው፡ ብዙ አምባዎችንም አፈረሰች የመኳንንቱንም ቤት አፈረሰች። ቀባጣሪ አንደበት ሴቶችን ከባሎቻቸው ቤት አስወጥታ ሰደደቻቸው፡ ገንዘባቸውንም አጠፋችባቸው።

--ከነገረ ሠሪ አንደበት ያልተጠበቀ ሰው ግን ለዘለዓለሙ ከመከራው አያርፍም በፍቅርም አይኖርም።

--የግርፋት ቊስል መግል ይይዛል የነገረ ሠሪ አንደበት ቊስል ግን አጥንት ይሰብራል። ከሷ የዳነ በጥፋቷም ያልተሰነካከለ በሥራቷም ያልጸና በግር ብረቷም ያልታሠረ የተደነቀ ነው። ሥራቷም የጸና ሥራት ነው፡ የምታመጣውም መከራ ጽኑ ነው። ሞቷም ጽኑ ሞት ነው፡ ከሷ ሲኦል ትቀላለች። በደጋጎች ሰዎች ግን አትደርስባቸውም በእሳት መቃጠልም አያገኛቸውም።

--እግዚአብሔርን የዘነጉ ሰዎች በሷ ይጠፋሉ በማይጠፋ እሳቷም ታቃጥላቸዋለች። እንደ አንበሳም ትወረወርባቸዋለች፡ እንደ ነብርም ትይዛቸዋለች።
ንፍታሌም

ኮትኳች

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negativitis cripples the human spirit
Does it seem strange that some people COMPLAIN they dont have enough TIME to be happy, yet they find enough time to be sad? Not really. You see, their deplorable plight has nothing to do with having sufficient or insufficient time. It has everything to do with complaining.

After all, complaining is the negation of happiness. Its impossible to complain and be happy at the same time. So, beware of that insidious disease known as negativitis (negative thinking). It is as pervasive as the common cold, but far more damaging. It mutilates, cripples, and corrodes the human spirit. Those infected by it are broken men and women aimlessly plodding along. The dark clouds brooding over them obscure their vision and cause them to become confrontational, apathetic, and cynical. Their lives are like flat champagne, without any sizzle. So, how do we inoculate ourselves against such a harmful disease? It was only after learning about the horrible effects of smoking that people began to give it up. It may be wise to do the same here. So, lets review the effects of negativitis.

1. Complaining is worse than doing nothing, for it is digging the rut one is in deeper and deeper. Each time one complains, it becomes increasingly difficult to climb out of the ditch theyve created. To loosen the grip of this vicious habit, we need to become aware of our complaining, stop it in its tracks, and immediately look for something positive to say. Its just a matter of replacing a bad habit with a good one.

2. A negative attitude is self-defeating. We wont find solutions to lifes problems by looking for someone or something to blame. Those who say, "Positive thinking doesn't work for me," have got it backwards. Its not positive thinking that has to work; YOU have to work. For example, you have to work at appreciating what you have instead of moaning about what you lack.

3. Failure to do what you want to do (be happy) causes physical and mental stress. A rotten attitude, not only delays success, but also shortens life by damaging the immune system (to learn more on how your thoughts affect your immune system, investigate psychoneuroimmunology). So, besides the diseases directly caused by stress, such as heart disease and ulcers, we become susceptible to all manner of other diseases because of a weakened immune system.

4. Do you know anyone with a negative attitude? How many years have they been that way? Two years? Five years? Ten years? Thats how many years of happiness and success they have robbed themselves of. Blinded by their own negativity, they are prevented from seeing the good around them.

5. One characteristic of negative thinkers is their need to have the world behave according to their wishes. They have never grown up and still live with childish demands. Whenever people and the world fail to act according to their selfish wishes, they are unhappy. Such a poisonous attitude prevents them from growing and learning how to cope with life's challenges.

6. Everything negative we say about ourselves to ourselves (self-talk) and to others is a suggestion. We are unwittingly practicing self-hypnosis, programing ourselves for failure, and creating self-fulfilling prophecies.

7. The negative world of our imagination creates a negative world that is real and one that we are forced to live in. Take Ralph, for example. Hes always complaining about life. Nowadays people are rude and surly. No matter where you go or what you do, you have to deal with ill-bred people. As he said this, we made our way to a coffee shop. Once inside, we were greeted by a cheerful chap who asked us what we would like. Sighing (as if it took a great effect to speak), Ralph, almost inaudibly, ordered a medium sized regular coffee. When it arrived, he started complaining. Pointing to the cup, he said, This is medium? Without waiting for a response, he added, You should have told me your cups are so small; I would have ordered a large one if I knew. Despite the long line that Ralph was holding up, the man behind the counter tried to be patient. Without complaint, he took away the small coffee and replaced it with a large one. As soon as it arrived, Ralph looked at it aghast and bellowed, You call this regular? Theres not enough cream! The man behind the counter, who only moments ago was cheerful was now upset and sarcastically replied, Yes, for MOST people, this is regular, but if you INSIST, Ill put in more cream. Perhaps next time you may want to ask for DOUBLE cream! I was next, so I got my coffee and joined Ralph at the table. See, he told me, what did I say to you? People are rude. Yes, in Ralphs world, people ARE rude, but what he does not realize is he makes them so.

8. A particularly pernicious effect of negativitis is that it sets one up for the mentality of a victim. Those with a woe-is-me attitude sit around in misery, waiting to be rescued. But they wait in vain because no one can rescue them from their own attitude. They are the only ones who can change it. And until they do so, they are condemned to continue suffering.

9. Another adverse effect of negativity is that it sets one up for the magic-bullet-syndrome. That is, the victim of negativitis spends their time looking for a quick, easy fix, when none exists. By denying a fundamental law of life that states anything worthwhile requires effort to achieve, they achieve nothing. They wont make progress until they realize that nothing in life is free. Theyve got to be willing to do what it takes to get what they want.

10. Also, beware of the fact that negative people attract other complainers. Because those who live in a world of doom and gloom alienate others, they have no choice but to look for other negative people to associate with. They then feed off one another and get locked in a clique of losers.

11. The constant stress that flows from a negative attitude also saps ones energy, focus, and motivation. It is hardly a formula for success.

12. Also of great concern is the fact that those who refuse to work on improving their negative attitude may slide into depression, self-pity, and hopelessness.

13. Additionally, negative people not only harm themselves; they harm the world. They cease to make a contribution to it. Instead of helping, they spread gloom and misery everywhere. If they insist on infecting others, why not infect them with laughter? If they must carry something contagious, why not carry a smile?

Imagine being in a small boat drifting in a river. And imagine being unaware that your boat has a motor. As long as you fail to use that motor you will be a captive of the river. You will be a prisoner without any control over your destination. Yet, the boat that were in does have a motor. We can use it to change course. That motor is our power of choice. All we have to do is choose to look for the good, for when we do so, that is all we will find!

ReplyReply All Move...kcc
የዋረካዘቡልቄ

አዲስ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i37.tinypic.com/27ypkjc.jpg[img][/img]http://i37.tinypic.com/27ypkjc.jpg[img][/img]http://i37.tinypic.com/27ypkjc.jpg[img][/img]http://i37.tinypic.com/27ypkjc.jpg[img][/img]http://i37.tinypic.com/27ypkjc.jpg[img][/img]
ifa

ኮትኳች

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ንፍታሌምምምምምምምም
ንፍታሌም ከወዴት ነህ ? ቤትህ በበረዶ እየተሸፈነ ነውና ወጥትህ ጠረግ ጠረግ አድርገው

አድናቂህ አይፋ

Homer (Greek poet of the 8th century B.C.)
ንፍታሌም

ኮትኳች

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ሰላም ........ስጠፋ የፈለጋችሁኝን በሙሉ በጣም አመሰግናለሁ ...

Fifteen Things God Wont Ask

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God wont ask what kind of car you drove, but will ask how many people you drove who didnt have transportation.
God wont ask the square footage of your house, but will ask how many people you welcomed into your home.

God wont ask about the fancy clothes you had in your closet, but will ask how many of those clothes helped the needy.

God wont ask about your social status, but will ask what kind of class you displayed.

God wont ask how many material possessions you had, but will ask if they dictated your life.

God wont ask what your highest salary was, but will ask if you compromised your character to obtain that salary.

God wont ask how much overtime you worked, but will ask if you worked overtime for your family and loved ones.

God wont ask how many promotions you received, but will ask how you promoted others.

God wont ask what your job title was, but will ask if you reformed your job to the best of your ability.

God wont ask what you did to help yourself, but will ask what you did to help others.

God wont ask how many friends you had, but will ask how many people to whom you were a true friend.

God wont ask what you did to protect your rights, but will ask what you did to protect the rights of others.

God wont ask in what neighborhood you lived, but will ask how you treated your neighbors.

God wont ask about the color of your skin, but will ask about the content of your character.

God wont ask how many times your deeds matched your words, but will ask how many times they didnt.

ንፍታሌም

ኮትኳች

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ለምወዳችሁ የዚህ ቤት ታዳሚዎች በሙሉ .....በተለይም ለቆንጂት

ይህን ቤት ከከፈትኩ ነገ ልክ አንድ አመት ይሆነኛል ......ለነበረን መልካም ጊዜ ሁሉ ላመሰግናችሁ እወዳለሁ .......ደህና ሁኑ መልካም አዲስ አመት ይሁንላችሁ ......

አክባሪያችሁ ንፍታሌም
ንፍታሌም

ኮትኳች

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Body Home?
ንፍታሌም

ኮትኳች

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little girl and her father were crossing a bridge.
The father was kind of scared so he asked his little daughter,
Sweetheart, please hold my hand so that you dont fall into the river.
The little girl said, No, Dad. You hold my hand.
Whats the difference? Asked the puzzled father.
Theres a big difference, replied the little girl.

If I hold your hand and something happens to me,
chances are that I may let your hand go.
But if you hold my hand, I know for sure that no matter what happens,
you will never let my hand go.

In any relationship, the essence of trust is not in its bind, but in its bond.

So hold the hand of the person who loves you rather than expecting them to hold yours
This message is too short…… but carries a lot of Feelings.
ንፍታሌም

ኮትኳች

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only If We Believe

To believe is to know that
every day is a new beginning.
It is to trust that miracles do happen,
and dreams really do come true.

To believe is to see angels
dancing among the clouds,
to know the wonder of a stardust sky
and the wisdom of the man in the moon.

To believe is to know the value
of a nurturing heart, and
the beauty of an aging hand,
for it is through their teachings we learn to love.

To believe is to find the strength and
courage that lies within us
when it is time to pick up
the pieces and begin again.

To believe is to know we are not alone,
that life is a gift and
this is our time to cherish it
with all our heart and soul.

To believe is to know that wonderful
surprises are just waiting to happen,
And all our hopes and dreams
are within reach ... only if we believe.
ንፍታሌም

ኮትኳች

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The power of feelings

You can feel good for no reason at all. In fact, you can choose to feel any way you wish at any time and in any situation.
Whatever you desire, you desire because of the way you think it will make you feel. Whatever you avoid, you avoid because you don't wish to experience the feelings that you assume it will bring.

Yet the fact is that your feelings are not controlled by your circumstances. Those feelings are determined by how you choose to respond to various situations and events.

Your feelings in any moment are yours to choose. You can choose to feel the wonderful reality of your most treasured dreams long before those dreams have been fully achieved.

And when you do, you put yourself in a positive, powerful place from which you can surely make those dreams real. When you feel good for no reason, you immediately begin to create the reasons.

Choose each day to feel the way you wish to feel, no matter what is going on around you. And let your feelings pull you toward the fulfillment of your destiny.
ንፍታሌም

ኮትኳች

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.......ምንም ዕንኳን ፋሲካ ዕሁድ ቢሆንም ..በሳምንቱ መጨረሻ ዋርካ ላልገባ ስለምችል ......ለክርስትና ዕምነት ተከታዮች በሙሉ መልካም የፋሲካ በዐል ይሁንላችሁ ........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARKA Forum Index -> Warka General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: